Governing for Success – Enhancing Board Performance Workshop
Destination British Columbia’s Board Governance Workshop is a full-day, professionally facilitated workshop, entitled Governing for Success – Enhancing Board Performance, and is available to community destination management organizations, community tourism committees and tourism product sector organizations throughout BC. The aim of the workshop is to assist in the design and implementation of sound governance practices that will enhance your organization’s success.
This workshop will provide:
- An understanding of how boards and staff can best work together;
- Knowledge of the functions of good governance, from decision-making to finance to managing risk;
- An overview of the responsibilities of board members;
- Ways to analyze the performance of governance in your organization;
- A self-evaluation tool that can be used for annual review and continued improvement; and
- Templates designed to enable your organization to create, update or enhance your Board Manual.
View the workshop brochure: Governing for Success
For more information on this program please contact:
Industry and Community Services Manager