Passionate about Vancouver Island and the business of tourism?
Interested in joining a growing collective of 500-plus tourism businesses dedicated to optimizing the Island’s award-winning status as a world-class visitor destination?
Eager to network, upgrade skills, stay informed and tap into unique and effective promotional and marketing strategies?
If the answer is yes to any or all of the above, please consider becoming a Registered Stakeholder with Tourism Vancouver Island.
Established in 1962, Tourism Vancouver Island is the leading organization for local and regional Destination Marketing Organizations across the Island. In turn, we’re affiliated with provincial, national and international tourism organizations. Learn about the synergistic ways we work with Destination British Columbia in the document: Working with Destination BC and Tourism Vancouver Island
The online process is free, fast and easy. There’s no obligation. And it opens the door to numerous opportunities to grow your business and collaborate with like-minded others within a regional territory that covers Vancouver Island, the Gulf Islands and a portion of the lower mainland from Moses Inlet to Bute Inlet.
Stakeholder benefits include:
- A voice in the evolving direction of tourism policies and initiatives in the Vancouver Island region.
- Participation in such proven cooperative marketing vehicles as our annual print and online visitor guides, the Island Moments e-newsletter and our brochure distribution program.
- Eligibility for Destination British Columbia financial assistance programs.
- Exposure to tour operators and media representatives through familiarization tours, press trips and story ideas generated by our Trade and Media departments.
- An invitation (at a discounted stakeholder rate) to Tourism Vancouver Island’s Annual Conference and AGM with its full slate of seminars, workshops, and social and business networking opportunities.
- Access to Pro-D Day workshops and a unique Mentorship Programthat pairs appropriate Tourism Vancouver Island staff members with tourism students and/or young industry professionals seeking career guidance.
- A quarterly stakeholder newsletter packed with event notices, industry initiatives, current news and updates about innovative marketing programs like the Canadian Tourism Commission’s Explorer Quotient.
The lines of communication are always open at Tourism Vancouver Island. Our skilled team of tourism professionals is based in Nanaimo and is regularly on the road visiting stakeholders in communities across the region. Feel free to contact us at your convenience.