President & Chief Executive Officer
Tourism Vancouver Island
Providing leadership and passion in the pursuit of TVI’s vision, the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) works with a dedicated, high performing group of professionals in partnership across the region and beyond to create economic benefits that flow from tourism to the Vancouver Island Region. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors and guides, mentors and empowers an engaged team in the development of new and unique tourism products while working with stakeholders to deliver marketing programs. By building on the solid reputation and experience of the organization, the CEO identifies opportunities to further solidify the organization’s sustainability, leveraging the expertise of the team to provide new programs and services.
As the ideal candidate, you are:
• A leader of teams; someone who brings people together, supports collaboration and development, and recognizes the strength of the collective over the individual.
• A seasoned business development and marketing professional.
• A proven track record of contributing to the economic success of a major region by working successfully with various industry, community and government partners.
• Known for your superior interpersonal and communication skills and your natural ability to create business relationships and meaningful partnerships.
• A big picture thinker who can also deliver on strategic objectives.
• An entrepreneur at heart, who can look for opportunities to grow and develop an organization in a dynamic, changing environment.
Experience in the tourism industry would be an asset.
This is a unique opportunity to build on the successes of an outstanding organization and take it to the next level. If this is the right time in your career to take on this challenge, please submit your application to George Madden and Allison Rzen at www.pfmsearch.com.