TO: THE VOTING STAKEHOLDERS OF THE TOURISM ASSOCIATION OF VANCOUVER ISLAND (The “Society”)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN pursuant to the Society Act of British Columbia (The “Act”) and the Bylaws of the Society, that the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held:
that the Special General Meeting of the Tourism Association of Vancouver Island (hereinafter called the “Society“) will be held:
|DATE:||Thursday, October 10, 2019|
|TIME:||12:00 PM (Pacific Time)|
|PLACE:||Coast Bastion Hotel, 11 Bastion Street, Nanaimo|
For the following purposes:
- To receive and approve the financial statements of the Society for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019;
- To approve the minutes of the September 27, 2018 Annual General Meeting;
- To receive the reports of the Board of Directors of the Society;
- To appoint Auditors for the Society for the ensuing year; and
- To transact such further or other business as may properly come before the meeting and any adjournment or adjournments thereof.
In accordance with Bylaw 3.2 Annual General Meeting, which states: The Annual General Meeting of the Society may be held at any place within the Vancouver Island region of the Province of British Columbia on a day, time and month as the Board may by resolution determine, and such meeting shall ordinarily take place at least once every calendar year. At Annual General Meetings there shall be presented a report to the Registered Stakeholders of the affairs of the Society, the auditor’s report, any financial statements as shall be required by the Act, and other such information or reports relating to the Society’s affairs as the Board may determine.
DATED at Nanaimo, British Columbia this 18th day of September, 2019.