The world is changing fast, and so too is the travel industry. As a result it’s more vital than ever to stay current with new trends, initiatives and breaking developments that impact those who work on the frontlines of tourism on Vancouver Island.
Signing on as a Registered Voting Stakeholder with Tourism Vancouver Island is one excellent way among others of keeping in the loop about all manner of things related to the business of tourism here on Canada’s far west coast.
We serve as a clearing house for news about a wide range of topics through press releases, email alerts and especially our quarterly newsletter (which is sent regularly to stakeholders and is available to other interested parties by request).
Stakeholders can expect to stay current with the latest scoop on such topics as:
- Industry appointments, employment opportunities, funding programs and website launches at local, regional, provincial and national levels.
- Event calendars highlighting upcoming conferences, workshops, networking opportunities and online webinars.
- Tourism reports, statistics and trends sourced from the likes of Destination British Columbia, the Canadian Tourism Commission and Statistics Canada.
- Previews of essential apps, tools and social media developments of interest to the tourism sector
- Updates on initiatives such as the Canadian Tourism Commission’s Signature Experiences Collection and the latest labour market information from the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council and go2hr.
Jump in and explore the mother lode of facts, figures, reports and links to related tourism activities available on and through Tourism Vancouver Island’s corporate website.
- Tourism Research Studies (including regional visitor profiles, international visitor statistics, municipal research, tourism labour market data, an archive of survey results, and travel research from the Canadian Tourism Commission and Destination British Columbia)
- Value of Tourism
- Environmental Best Practices
- Tourism Vancouver Island 2014-16 Strategic Business Plan
- Gaining The Edge: A Five-year Strategy for Tourism In British Columbia 2012-2016
- Education and Training Services
- Travel & Tourism Organizations – links to Destination Marketing Organizations in the Vancouver Island region, the rest of the province and nationally
- Visitor Centres – addresses, operating hours and links for the Island’s network of 25 visitor centres.
- Corporate Industry Events – links to and information about popular industry gatherings.
- Tourism Vancouver Island Official Visitor Website – one-stop access to our annually updated visitor guides and monthly visitor specials.