Make your tourism experience worth talking about
Visitors want to have an exceptional travel experience –- an experience memorable enough that they want to tell others about it. You can be part of their success story by ensuring you are providing a remarkable experience at all touch points from trip planning, to booking, to the experience and beyond.
This is where Destination BC’s Remarkable Experiences Program comes in. Launched in 2015, this one-of-a-kind tourism program provides hands-on, collaborative workshops designed to support tourism operators in BC in developing and delivering outstanding, visitor-focused experiences while enhancing their digital and social media marketing efforts…all facilitated by leading industry professionals.
- what motivates travelers to come to your destination
- how to create a visitor profile and visitor experience statement
- the destination’s main explorer traveler types and their psychographics (Explorer Quotient or EQ)
- how to attract traffic to your website and social channels
- social media best practices
- tools to help manage your social channels, and more
“I think if there are business owners out there that are contemplating getting involved with the Remarkable Experiences Program, I would highly recommend it. Ah, you know some people think they know everything there is to know about developing a program, and marketing it, and advertising. I kind of thought that way as well myself; I thought I already know how to design tours and programs and that, but it really is an eye-opener after sitting in the 3 sessions here, that WOW, there is so much more than you think there is, and there are so many things that I can do differently in the future after taking this program.” – Rob Bryce, UNBC Continuing Studies (Prince George, BC)
Registration for this program is $450 plus GST and includes the following:
- Four full-day, in-class sessions on Experience Design and Digital & Social Media Marketing
- 1.5 hours of personalized coaching to help put your ideas into action
- A digital assessment of your website and active social channels
- Workbooks, case studies and other resources to take home
- lunch and refreshments each day
Contact: Lana Cheong at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-740-1213 for more information.
Limited to 30 participants.
Workshops will be held on October 10 & 11, and November 6 & 7, 2018.