You’re invited to take over our Instagram Account, @tourismvancouverisland. For five consecutive days, our Instagram account becomes all about you! We’ll share one post per day featuring your business while also promoting Vancouver Island as a travel destination. our Instagram account currently has a reach of over 14,000 followers and consumers are encouraged to contribute their favourite photos by using the hashtag #ExploreVancouverIsland.
Takeovers are run on a bi-weekly basis between Monday – Friday. You can purchase up to two per year.
- Five images and captions
- Your Instagram handle and branded hashtag(s)
- Photo credits for each image (name and/or Instagram handle). You must ensure you have appropriate rights to share all images provided on Tourism Vancouver Island’s social media channels
- Consent and release form for all images
- Announce the takeover on all our social media channels one day in advance. On Instagram it will be announced through an Instagram Story
- Post one image per day with caption, photo credit, your Instagram handle, branded hashtag(s) and image location. The Instagram Takeover will run for 5 consecutive days.
- Use #explorevancouverisland, #exploreBC and any other hashtags deemed appropriate on all images
- Tag Destination BC (@hellobc) in all posts
The goal of the Instagram takeover is to feature both your business and the Vancouver Island region as a destination. Each image and caption should tell a story of an experience, trip or area. The caption should focus on storytelling, rather than traditional sales copy. See the Destination BC Brand Guidelines on writing for more information.
- Seven images with a resolution width no lower than 1900 pixels
- Images should drive interest around travelling to the region and booking an overnight stay
- Avoid featuring portraits, culturally sensitive areas, or copyrighted material. If any images include recognizable people you must provide an image waiver completed by the model.
$595 per takeover + gst.